The Geek Icon
Resolutiony type thingies.
Last Year v This Year
Last year I resolved to:
- Learn a new language. Grade: F-. I did not even improve my English skillz. Bad geek!
- Pursue an art. Grade: B+. Only a B+ because it's arguable whether something crafty like spinning is really an art, but I think it is. Also only a B+ because I started something completely new and completely neglected older pursuits, which is typical of me.
- The ol' Get Organised! ploy. Grade: C-. My organisation really slumped until the end of the year. I did manage to keep up with moderate to light blogging. My spending tracking went OK, but I had a few bad weeks. Applying GTD was a total failure. I did OK in general, but did nothing groundbreaking.
- Political/Social involvement. Grade: A. I got my dual citizenship! And I sent an email to try to save the 3801 Limited.
- Mr Wiggins and I took up a fun hobby together that expanded our social group: Knitting!
- Lived for yet another year broadcast & cable TV-free (vive le DVD!). No, I do not miss the hours of commercials that suck out my soul.
- Started up a new job that fitted my needs & wants better.
For this year, I'm just going to do some standard style resolutions (no multiple choice decisions left up to the masses).
- Seriously, like, really get back on the wagon with the damned writing. Mr Wiggins wants to do some writing too, for fun. I am going to run a pretend Creative Writing course with both of us as the students. It's called Mistress ARJ's School of Creative Writing (I know, not that creative).
- Get some damned exercise. Ever since the Council closed down my gym (jerks!), I have been getting flabbier and flabbier. I'm thinking of this.
- Regular spinning practice (this will be the easiest). This will be facilitated by my corollary resolution: make more gifts for people. I was kinda slack on the gift giving (for birthdays and holidays) this year.
- Go to some career counselling. I like my new job, but it's time for me to get out of IT as a career. It's just not where my head & heart are.